Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy November 4th

Last month I said I was going to be more diligent about updating my blog, and here it is a new month already.  Maybe I need to put a recurring reminder on my calendar! 
It's been a busy month, but not that busy that I couldn't post daily.  Like a diary, it would help me to remember what I did every day :-)
Several years ago, I bought a kit to make jewelry pouches using brocade fabric, and silvershield silvercloth for the lining.  I made one for my BFF Angie for Christmas that year, and one for me.  Since then, I've made them for my sons girlfriends for Christmas, and shower gifts for several friends.  I'm now making them to sell.  I'm posting a pic of the recent batch. 


I teach some classes at Sew Pieceful quilt shop, one of the classes that always has people signed up for is the striped tablerunner class, made with the 60 degree triangle ruler.  Last week I had 2 classes, 4 students in the morning, 5 in the evening!  What fun.  Here's a pic of the latest ones that I've made.  I think I can make these in my sleep now!
One of our guild members taught a class at a local shop to make fabric bowls, using 3/4" scraps of fabric and cotton clothes line.   Very addictive!  I came home and finished my first one and made 2 more.  I'm planning to make some for Christmas presents, as well as some hotpads.

I've been busy making tote bags for me.  One is my new fall bag, with my modified bow tucks pattern, as I wanted a smaller size, but didn't want to buy the mini bow tucks pattern.  Upon seeing the finish size of the mini version, I modified the original bow tucks pattern.  The other bag I recently finished is made from fabric I bought at MQX in April, with knitting sheep.  This is my knitting bag that I take to knitting.  Love this fabric!

The Corning Quiltes Guild had a summer challenge this past summer, to make a 9 x 11 quilt telling our story in fabric or as a quilter, including our story in 50 words or less.  Here's my story and picture of my quilt.

I Am A Quilter - "I enjoy trying new techniques and collecting different types of fabrics. My story quilt is made with squares of fabrics from quilts I’ve made. The “Infinity” symbol stands for Endless Possibilities. I quilted it with hearts, because my quilts are made with love, and I used leftover pieces of binding."

That's enough updates for today!  I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful fall weather we have had this week, and looks like will continue thru the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment